Position: Officer- Strategic Partnerships
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
In order to achieve the resource development and fundraising targets for the year, the Strategic Partnerships Officer will be required to discharge the following essential functions:
Coordination and Support:
The role will involve coordinating with internal depts of AIF including finance, program, admin and communications for meeting the deliverables committed to existing and potential donors, namely getting the MoU approved by various internal teams, sharing the grant request letter with the timelines mentioned in the MoU, sharing data for 80G receipts, coordinating with the finance dept for utilization certificates asper the commitment and making note of the same. Coordinating with the communication team for branding related commitments to the donor.
Business and relationship development:
- The Strategic Partnerships Officer will research and identify list of potential donor basis the spends, thematic alignment and key focus areas for the team.
- The role will also involve managing predetermined key existing donor portfolio and will be responsible for end to end communication with the donor including sourcing of funds, initiating conversations for multi -year partnerships, renewal and all other related requirements as agreed the donor.
- Maintaining MIS and execute plan for donor management:
- The incumbent will be required to maintain MIS for all potential and existing donors in the formats agreed with the Director Strategic Partnerships and publish within the team on weekly/fortnight/ monthly basis and also maintain a comprehensive database of corporate partners and implement a plan for managing such relationships in close coordination with Director-Strategic Partnerships.
Key Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- A suitable undergraduate degree is a basic requirement however a Post-Graduate degree will be desirable, preferably an MBA.
- 3-4years of experience in Corporate Fundraising/Marketing/Client Services/Business Development with a basic knowledge of mass communications, brand building, marketing.
- Donor and/or Client Relationship Management (CRM) experience with Corporates, Corporate Executives, and people of influence and affluence.Experience in proposal writing/program design.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skillsin English; sound personal presentation and proposal skills
- Proficient in MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Excel
- Interest in research
- Organizational ability, with a vision to institutionalize processes and systems with an ability to work with cross functional team and build consensus
- Entrepreneurial and innovative in approach to the management of objectives; High level of energy and commitment to excelUnderstanding of national/international developmental issues; with belief in ‘principles of partnership’ for development
- Ability to manage emotions and exercise tact and persuasion in handling relationships; Ability to manage expectations and resolve conflicts
- Exhibits self-awareness and personal management skills.
- High personal and professional integrity
- Willingness to travel