Position: Program Associate
Organization: Project DEFY
Location: Bangalore, India
Work Experience: 2-3 yrs
● Designing the various segments of DISPECS using design methodology. This includes conducting research to understand the gaps, creating a solution and building a program design around the solution.
● Creating a pilot action plan to quickly pilot the prototype of the program.
● Working with the community to research and execute pilots on ground.
● Prepare the relevant marketing materials along with the communication team for the pilot.
● Manage the on-ground volunteer team to execute the pilots.
● Create and facilitate training modules for the volunteers.
● Program-manage the execution timelines for the respective segment.
● Work with partners to support them in segment designing.
● Supporting the program lead in reaching out to potential partners and communicating our needs and requirements to partners.
● Create and maintain a variety of reports and documentation for the respective segment. Also support the program lead in creating program reports for internal and external use.
Desired skills, qualities and experience:
● Job Role Related
○ Experienced in designing programs from scratch using any design methodology.
○ Entrepreneurial experience is a big plus.
○ Ability to work with marginalized communities on ground and an ability to appreciate diverse cultures and people from different socio-economic backgrounds.
○ Demonstrated ability to handle a heavy workload with a high degree of adaptability, strong problem-solving skills, and to effectively work on and manage multiple tasks.
○ Must perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
○ Ability to facilitate sessions and discussions for volunteers and partners
○ Ability to deal with and navigate through uncertainty.
○ Must be a strong team player with the ability to establish effective working relationships with peers and partners.
○ Good in persuasive communication and conflict resolution skills.
● Social Sector inclination
○ Passionate towards contributing to the development sector and the social impact space.
○ Background in the disaster preparedness/management and alternate education sector highly preferred.
○ Prior experience in working with marginalised communities on ground is required.
○ Advanced knowledge of relevant software, including MS Office - Excel, Powerpoint, and Word
○ Familiarity with web based design tools (e.g Canva) and other website management/social media tools
○ Experienced in documentation - report writing and operation documents
○ Basic knowledge in budget,finance planning and management.
○ Familiarity with the tenets of Design Thinking
● Soft Skills
○ Strong fluency in the English language, with clear articulation of thoughts.
○ Excellent interpersonal, strong written and verbal communication skills.
○ Ability to exercise discretion on confidential matters.
○ Demonstrated relationship-building skills, positive and proactive attitude
Compensation: INR 4.8 lacs CTC
Your email should contain: a) Updated Resume b) Your current remuneration package c) Cover Letter