Position: Senior StateVBD Consultant-IEC/BCC
Organization: TCI Foundation
• To supervise, monitor and support State/District VBD Consultants in carrying out IEC/BCC activities as per strategic plan to understand the knowledge, awareness, beliefs and practices related to malaria prevention & control; barriers; and adoption of appropriate practices at individual/family/community level and for community mobilization, involvement, and partnership.
• To supervise and monitor HR at various levels, analyze their monthly activity reports including LQAS reports on the behavioral aspects which affect the health seeking attitudes (especially in the context of malaria) of the communities and provide feedbacks.
• To coordinate, supervise and facilitate the State/District teams, NGO SRs engaged in devising/implementing IEC/BCC plan and communication strategies for the state in the context of Malaria and other VBDs including problem-solving, course correction, as required, to ensure effective implementation of the project/ programme.
• To develop and facilitate implementation of strategies to involve the panchayats, local NGOs, Mahila Mandals, SHGs and other community groups including indigenous people’s awareness development plan in tribal areas to ensure community participation.
• To strengthen the social research aspects of the project/programme and suggest modalities of incorporating the social research findings into the programme; and to assess effectiveness of different media to identify cost-effective media.
• To coordinate, support and develop creative graphics and contents suitable for social media platforms such as Facebook, You Tube, Twitter, etc. at State/District level, and the programme website including writing, editing and preparing stories and social media messages.
• To support, supervise, monitor and facilitate State/District VBDCPs in designing BCC/social mobilization strategies as well as activities/campaigns that will have reach and impact on the behaviour change. Develop content for IPC (Flip Chart, Flash Cards, etc.), Group Counselling (Charts and Pictorials), Social Mobilization (Haat, Mela, Folk Media, Festivals, important days etc.), Programme Communication (audio/ video scripts and lyrics etc.), Advocacy (Media, PRI etc.)
• To coordinate and support other teams at Dte. NVBDCP, other Regional & State partners, media agencies, partner organizations, and field staff for harmonized planning, implementation and monitoring of different BCC activities/ campaigns so as to develop quality outputs, provide thrust and desired results in behavior change.
• To undertake training/capacity building of NVBDCP & other healthcare staff at State, District and Sub-district levels, online as well as in-person; and to develop, test and finalize training material and modules, as required.
• To compile the Annual report of IEC/BCC/ social mobilization related activities undertaken in the States/ Districts.
Qualification & Experience:
Post Graduate degree in Mass Communication/ Journalism/ Social sciences/ Development studies or relevant field from a recognized university with demonstrated understanding of Social & Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) and research with atleast 3 years’ relevant work experience, of which 1 year should be in networking and liaison-building activities with district and state organizations/NGOs in Public Health at National or State level.
• Experience of working in large scale development programmes/ National Health Programmes/ international bodies, private organizations or corporate sector.
• Knowledge and skills in managing government health projects.
• Computer proficiency with commonly used softwares/ packages like MS Word, Excel, Power Point & Web surfing. • Sound knowledge of IT-based platforms on knowledge sharing.
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills, analytical and interpersonal abilities. • Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment.