Position: National Lead Consultant - Entomology
Organization: TCI Foundation
• To monitor the epidemiological and entomological situation in the States/ UTs/ Districts and support/ supervise various components of programme planning and implementation w.r.t malaria, vector control interventions including entomological surveillance.
• To monitor, supervise and facilitate the State/ District VBDCPs for selection and establishment of representative sentinel sites for entomological surveillance and creation/ strengthening capacity for regular entomological surveillance and response.
• To develop/ customize training guidelines/ modules for entomological surveillance& response and vector control/ management, and to undertake/ support trainings for Entomologists, Medical Officers and other healthcare staff on various aspects of vector control such as entomological surveillance; field entomology work; maintenance of field insectaries; conducting bioassays; vector susceptibility and insecticide resistance monitoring; vector control monitoring & evaluation.
• To work in close collaboration with NVBDCP Officers/ other Consultants at various levels for carrying out entomological surveillance in the States/districts to ensure quality implementation of the project/programme.
• To supervise, facilitate and support the State Consultants-Entomology and other officials in consolidating monthly/quarterly/annual reports/ data on regular basis, and ensure corrective actions based on analysis of reports.
• To establish and supervise a functional multi-disciplinary coordination mechanism for Integrated Vector Management (IVM) and advocate for vector control interventions among key stakeholders.
• To supervise and monitor HR at various levels, analyse their monthly activity reports and provide feedbacks to them.
• To ensure consolidation and dissemination of approved annual work plans to State/ District VBDCPs and prepare timely progress reports based on results framework.
To keep liaison with the National Informatics Centre (NIC), Integrated Disease Surveillance Programme (IDSP) and other National health programmes on implementation of strategies on surveillance, monitoring & evaluation etc.
• To undertake field visits in States/ UTs/ Districts (atleast 10 days a month) for entomological surveillance, mapping and monitoring vector density, bionomics and sensitivity of insecticides; and to monitor/ evaluate the timeliness and quality of vector control measures.
• To participate in planning and organization of review meetings at National and Sub-national levels.
• To undertake any other task assigned by the Reporting authority.
• Knowledge and understanding of disease surveillance system, epidemiology and Public health practice with regard to VBDs; skills in data analysis in field epidemiology/ Public health setting.
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills, analytical and interpersonal abilities.
• Computer proficiency with commonly used softwares/ packages like MS Word, Excel, Power Point & Web surfing.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
Nature of appointment:
The appointment will be on contract basis initially for a period of one year and thereafter extendable annually (or specified period) on the basis of performance appraisal (to be assessed for work output, personal attributes, functional competency etc.)
Reporting: Reporting will be to Nodal Officer, GFATM under the overall supervision of Director, NVBDCP. Age: Upper age limit is 55 years and ready to travel extensively.
Annual Increment: Annual increment would be based on performance appraisal.
Selection: Selection and appointment shall be carried out through advertisement followed by walk-in- written test/interview, if short listed.
TCI Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Employment at TCI Foundation is based solely on individual's merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. TCI Foundation does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, caste, creed, colour, religion, gender, origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis protected by law.
How to Apply:
Candidates applying for the position are requested to adhere to following:
1. Check your eligibility.
2. Duly filled Application Form (link placed below)
3. Given the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to all applicants and our responses are limited to those who are short listed.
4. Merely fulfilling the eligibility and applying for the position does not entitle the candidate to be called for interview.
5. No TA/DA will be paid to attend the interview in person, if invited.
6. The advertised position can be cancelled/varied as per the discretion of the employer.
7. Last Date to Apply: 09 August 2021 (00:00 hrs)