OVERVIEW OF POSITION
IDF seeks to hire an Assistant Manager – Policy & Advocacy to be based at New Delhi. S/he will support the Director – Policy & Advocacy, New Delhi in managing the policy and advocacy activities of the organization. The position will be responsible to manage project activities and ensure achievement of planned deliverables; manage sub-grantees; and work in close coordination with the team at the New Delhi office and the State Directors.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The responsibilities of the Assistant Manager – Policy & Advocacy will include the following: Program Planning and Implementation
- Prepares detailed project work-plans in consultation with team members in IDF, New Delhi office and State teams.
- Supports in developing the research framework including methodology, sampling, data analysis plan and reporting, in consultation with Research & Evaluation unit of IDF. Supports in development of research tools.
- Undertakes extensive desk research on national and state level policy, strategy, and implementation guidelines with respect to the family planning program of Government of India.
- Supports in orienting IDF state teams on their role vis a vis the project and identifying areas of support to the state teams.
- Supports state level disseminations and development of action plans, as per planned deliverables and designated formats. Management of sub-grantee(s)
- Supports in development of Terms of Reference (TOR) for hiring 3 rd party agencies including, NGOs, research firms, documentation agencies etc.
- Co-ordinates the overall functioning of the project team (consisting of national and state level IDF team members and team members of the sub-grantee).
- Provides supportive supervision for state-level staff and consultants. Monitor Performance
- Conducts monthly performance reviews of various elements of the project and tracks the progress.
- Undertakes regular field visits to identify issues affecting achievement of deliverables, and design and implement solutions to address the same.
- Understands the challenges faced by the teams in the field and addresses the same. Review Meetings and Documentation
- Drafts project related deliverables including policy & advocacy briefs, case studies, strategy documents, event reports and reports to state and national governments, as may be required.
- Supports in drafting monthly brief, presentations, and periodic project reports to donor(s).
- Supports in conducting periodic reviews and shares feedback with the team on the performance. Others
- Provides inputs in program planning and proposal development in coordination with the Programs and Strategy Development units at IDF.
- Provides any other technical and programmatic assistance as requested and carry out any other duties that lie within the scope of the post as required by the program.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Candidates suitable for this position:
- Graduates with an advanced degree in Social Sciences, Management or Public Health.
- Experience of 7+ years with an understanding of the reproductive health sector in India.
- Understanding of women’s sexual and reproductive health and rights, specifically abortion and family planning.
- At least 2 years of experience in managing a project, preferably in the public health sector.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in standard MS Office applications.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Good team player with proven ability to work with colleagues across levels and geographies.
- Proven ability to work under tight timelines and under pressure.
- Ability to read, write and speak English and Hindi.
- Willingness and ability to travel 50% of time.
Interested candidates with relevant experience may e-mail their CV, covering letter (along with current/ last-drawn salary and expected salary) to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 18, 2020.
Your CV must be accompanied by:
• A cover letter justifying suitability for the position – based on present and past work experience.
• Current/last-drawn compensation and expected compensation.
• CVs WITHOUT COVER LETTERS AND COMPENSATION DETAILS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.